• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cavity fillings anxiety

A

annie26

I just recently went back to the dentist after many many years away because of anxiety. I have been good the last couple appointments but my appointment I had yesterday my dentist said I had 4 small/easy cavities and he even said I would not need numbing or anything. He knows I am very anxious and I looked at him with a concerned look about it and he said they are very easy and I would be fine. I have the appointment scheduled for next week but I am still kind of concerned about the no numbing. Has anyone had this done like this before?

I vaguely remember having this done as a child. The scary part was the sound of the machines and the pressure in your mouth. It was so long ago so I can't say much about how it physically felt. I'm sure your dentist would use numbing topical gel in the very least if you feel any pain.

@annie26

I have had a few small fillings with no numbing they were all painless.

Back