ririlu
Junior member
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2026
- Messages
- 5
- Location
- USA
I was born with a cleft lip/palate. Through my lifetime I've had surgeries and lots of dental work. Because of the condition of my teeth, some loose and some infected, I have decided to get implant supported bridges in my entire mouth. I have had three surgeries so far. They extracted eighteen teeth so far and placed some bone grafting. I have one more big surgery in October. It is very stressful for me but I know that when all this gets done, I will have a long term solution for my mouth. I have that feeling of being trapped in the dental chair because when I have to put up with pain I can't do anything about it. I can't get up and leave. Injections are very painful in my palate. This is where I will be having some of the next surgery. I like that my dentist lets me have Triazolam for sedation. It helps relax me yet I'm still awake and know what's going on. When I have smaller procedures done, I take a prescription medication that kind of helps my anxiety. The Triazolam is definitely better. I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar experience. I have had two frightening experiences which escalated my anxiety about the dentist. Some time I will share them. I am new to Dental Fear Central.