• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown Needed??

  • Thread starter Thread starter slahtar
  • Start date Start date
S

slahtar

Junior member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
18
I went to the dentist today because I have a tooth that is sensitive to pressure and temperature. I have terrible TMJ problems and can never tell if it is a tooth hurting or my jaw. Up till today it’s always been my jaw. Today he said I had a small fracture and would need a crown. I asked if I should have a root canal first and he said no because the roots looked fine and there was no infection. He said 98% of the time a root canal would not be needed down the road but I am still freaking out. Is getting the crown going to hurt??? Is it likely I’ll still need a RCT??? I’m so scared.
 
Crowns are just like slightly longer fillings from the patient's POV, except that there are impressions taken at the end.
Unless you can dredge up a psychic there's no way to say if it'll need an RCT in the future, sorry :-)
 
Back
Top