• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

crown still hurts 2 weeks later - PLEASE HELP

B

belladee

I had 2 crowns done 3 months ago (december 18th). They were done wrong and didnt fit good so i had them pulled off and redone 1 month ago (feb 10th)

One then was so painful i was told I needed a RC so i had that one pulled. (Feb 22) (i dont want a RC)

So now the remaining tooth , i got the permenant one put on almost 2 weeks ago (march 10th), with temp cemenet.

when i had the temp on, it hurt in one corner, felt like it was pressing low in my gum.

when the temp was taken off I was FINE, no pain with it off.

When the put on the perm i felt the pressure and hurting again in that one area.

I went to back to the dentist and he said that the crown fit well and looked good. he poked around with the instrument and said i would be bleeding if anything was wrong, and I was not bleeding..

so now i just have pressure and Constant hurting in the front area of the crown, now it kinda just feels all over it feels like pain/discomfort, like something is poking me ALL the time.. i am supposed to WAIT MORE for it to get better or get worse?

Does anyone know what might be going on? it is normal for it to take this long?

Thank you

Has your dentist checked your bite?

I would get a second opinion you cannot carry on in pain, sometimes they do need to settle but yours shouldn't be giving you so much trouble. Or you can ask your dentist to check your bite, it is easy to do for them they use a bit of paper between your lower and upper teeth and tell you to bite up and down on it to test the bite. If the bite is too high they can file it down a bit to make things comfortable.

Let us know how you get on please :):):)

Has your dentist checked your bite?

I would get a second opinion you cannot carry on in pain, sometimes they do need to settle but yours shouldn't be giving you so much trouble. Or you can ask your dentist to check your bite, it is easy to do for them they use a bit of paper between your lower and upper teeth and tell you to bite up and down on it to test the bite. If the bite is too high they can file it down a bit to make things comfortable.

Let us know how you get on please :):):)

the bite is good.. i have had it adjusted and i dont feel it hitting weird at the top at all. it is something deeper down in my gum. i felt it all when the temp was on and then again the moment they placed the perm crown on.

I would either go back to your dentist again, or get a second opinion. :butterfly:

I would either go back to your dentist again, or get a second opinion. :butterfly:

I plan on calling Again on monday, i dont think hes going to say anything different... but i wonder, if i dont need a RC then what could be wrong???

I dont know how much more of this i can take. any ideas would be great.. perhaps I can bring these ideas up to the dentist.

is it possible the crown is wide under my gum? he said it looks good but thats the feeling I get or maybe its pushing on my gum at the top? or maybe pushing up against the tooth?

Last edited:
I don't know but I have heard of crowns not being right in the gum area. I hope a dentist comes along and explains it to you properly.

Explain to the dentist how it feels on your gum. Do you have any other crowns, when I first have a crown put on the cement plays havoc with my gums for 2 to 3 days, it feels like it is burning but yours sounds totally different to that.

Let us know how you get on please :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

they still want me to WAIT.. i dont know what to do...

If you have had enough and feel that you can't wait then go and get a second opinion from another dentist. You don't have to tell your dentist that you have done this and the dentist you see for a second opinion doesn't need to know the full story either if you don't want to say. They will make their own assessment of your teeth. :butterfly:

Back