• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Decaying Wisdom tooth, but pain in molar?!

U

Ultiodulcis

Just got back from the dentist. I went because I’ve been having intense pain in my jaw and generally just feeling crappy about the lower left portion of my mouth.
The pain stems from my back molar (not my wisdom tooth) my wisdom tooth doesn’t hurt at all! Has anyone had an experience like this? I know I should trust my dentist but I’m just concerned.

Just got back from the dentist. I went because I’ve been having intense pain in my jaw and generally just feeling crappy about the lower left portion of my mouth.
The pain stems from my back molar (not my wisdom tooth) my wisdom tooth doesn’t hurt at all! Has anyone had an experience like this? I know I should trust my dentist but I’m just concerned.
What are you exactly concerned about? That the dentist diagnosed correctly which tooth is causing pain?

I’m worried that he didn’t, because he said it was my wisdom tooth when I believe it’s my molar.
Obviously he’s the dentist so he knows best, but I’m basically wondering if my wisdom tooth being hurt would cause my molar to hurt.

I’m basically wondering if my wisdom tooth being hurt would cause my molar to hurt.
Nope. Strong pain can radiate to the entire side, then it is difficult from which tooth the pain is actually coming, and that’s the dentists job to diagnose.

I felt the pain from my decaying wisdom tooth a little bit in the molar and in the jaw. Dental pain is a strange thing. I also was convinced one of my top teeth needed a root canal once and it turns out it was the one next door!

Back