• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Bone Loss

  • Thread starter Thread starter eileenv
  • Start date Start date
E

eileenv

Junior member
Joined
May 8, 2017
Messages
11
I am 70, retired, and have experienced major dental struggles since losing all my upper teeth a year ago. Periodontal disease and bone loss have worsened; I was recently told by several dentists that I need $25K+ worth of work, which I simply cannot afford or finance. A dentist yesterday quoted me $12K for lower extractions, a healing lower denture, and upper and lower complete dentures, but warned that the lower denture won't hold and is pushing for 4 implants I cannot afford. I feel defeated and worry that I'm resigned to a life of Boost and Ensure drinks. Thank you for listening. Feeling pretty discouraged and could use any suggestions, guidance, or just support.
 
eileenv,

Hello, I'm so sorry to read of your high quotes you got, I so get it. it is disheartening when they quote you something that is far out of your reach and financing isn't an option. I have been there too often. and recently. You can only do what you can financially. Don't let them push you into anything out of fear as far as extractions until you are at peace with anything. But know man people do get upper and lower and end up learning how to adjust to eating with them, there are Alot of testimonials on here with such stories. Just do what you feel a peace with and take one step at a time. Did they give you a timeline, sometimes it seems imminent but it's not ?
 
Back
Top