• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Does Anyone Here Have Dentures??

C

caardinal90

I've decided I need to do something about my dental situation no matter how afraid of I am of THAT. I'm suffering from terrible toothaches, I can't much anymore, I can't do anything cuz of this! I've did a lot of research and decided dentures is the way to go since I can't afford implants at the moment. Anyway, is there anyone on here that has dentures? If so, what does it feel like? Is it uncomfortable? Do you have a gagging problem (this is what scares me) ? Are you happy with them? I have more questions, I want answers from people who actually have dentures. I can't wait to not have toothaches anymore, I can't wait to eat without being in pain, I can't wait to smile. Any answers and advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, what can I do to relieve toothache pain? Thanks.

I have partials (haven't lost all of my real teeth.) They took some getting used to but I'm fine with them now, and no gagging problem. I eat happily so long as remember to use denture adhesive !

Of course I still get aggravation with my remaining real teeth. For toothache I find ibuprofen effective, or an ibuprofen/codeine mix if it's bad. But if I need painkillers I'm straight on the phone to the dentist to get the root cause of the problem dealt with - I don't do chronic pain any more !!

I've decided I need to do something about my dental situation no matter how afraid of I am of THAT. I'm suffering from terrible toothaches, I can't much anymore, I can't do anything cuz of this! I've did a lot of research and decided dentures is the way to go since I can't afford implants at the moment. Anyway, is there anyone on here that has dentures? If so, what does it feel like? Is it uncomfortable? Do you have a gagging problem (this is what scares me) ? Are you happy with them? I have more questions, I want answers from people who actually have dentures. I can't wait to not have toothaches anymore, I can't wait to eat without being in pain, I can't wait to smile. Any answers and advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, what can I do to relieve toothache pain? Thanks.
I have a lower partial denture, only have 4 teeth of my own on the bottom. I have had no problem with them. I have had them for 3 weeks now! I feel so much better about myself and I actually smile now. I had not seen a dentist for 24 yrs due to fear and shame. Also I have not had any problems speaking at all!

Back