Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.
Register now to access all the features of the forum.
So, how's it going Banned? Hope you're still with us...even if you only stop by occasionally, please know I continue to wish you the very, very best.
Hope you continue to do great things.
Yep iam still around, healing is/went well . Nervous about my next visit in a few weeks.an I havent been on to complain or moan in a while cause my 5 year old got a sinus infection an my 16 month old got his first ear infection which you know how bad that is to watch a baby hold his red ear an not be able to do much. So both had to get some doctors visits. But yeah iam here just these two the past few weeks havent left me much time for internet time. Thanks for asking though for sure,it means alot an does mean people actually care unlike my real life friends haha....cant count how many time I have heard "no one likes to gforuo to the dentist" stop being a sissy lol. But iam sure as the days pass till my filling or second extraction ill bekillingthe forums again I just fully enjoy reading about people like me on here thanks again everyone for the support an I fully mean from my heart I couldnt do this without this place an you guys....ok sappy stuff over
Well for whatever reason time has come an i cant belive its here already...friday i have to go back for a filling of a tooth thats half gone, he said it may need a root canal but wont know till he is in there. Seemed so far away when i made the appointment an now the nerves set it ....again or still how ever you look at it. I kinda forgot about it a blew it off now its her an i worry about someoneor someones looking back in there. Hate the thought...taste an sounds of a filling from what i remember lol the excraction i was told was quick but this will take longer so iam nervous about how i can cope for the extended time. ...thoughts??? Listen to pandora on my phone with headphones? I dunno iam lost an he talked me thought the way last time with music i cant hear him an is that rude? But then maybe i dont hear the drilling.....blah getting worked up just thinking about it.
Hi Banned glad to see you back I was wondering how you were doing. I hope your little boys are both well and over their illness now.
You will be fine, since you've been away I have had another root canal, and if I did it, you can, they are not bad. I had a small filling as well, the drill doesn't make that much noise, I hate the drill, really detest it, but they don't drill as long as they used to to do fillings. The root canal thing is okay as well, make sure you feel really numb before your dentist starts. If you end up having a root canal they only drill for a bit then it's just them pushing things in to clean the root canal out. The appointment goes quicker than you think when you are there. They do x rays as well and that takes time, so what you might think is a long appointment isn't that long really.
You really will be fine, what time is your appointment.
It's really good to see you back. Is your mouth all healed from last time now.
Oooooh ok cool no smell iam good with haha...yeah both boys are good thanks for asking. Yeah i may bring ear buds in case then i wasnt sure if it would make a change sing the noise would be RIGHT inside my mouth. But with how much of the tooth is bad iam sure with my luck a cannal is needed. I just cant get over how fast friday is comming up. I mean when i had that wisdom tooth yanked i was ob a natural "iam the shit i just did this "hight it was like yeah yeah march blah blah thats fine. Lol now its here an iam remembering how much of a sissy i am lol i hope it goes well. .does anyone else get the queezy feeling when numbed up before they start. I know you said i should eat some toasarole last time but i couldnt an iam a wreck before hand. An iam wondering if about maybe blood sugar. ....thoughts again before going in? Toast or a full mealoh my visit is 8am...i made it early as not to freak out allday....just all night haha
You did really well when you had the wisdom tooth out and you lived. You will really be fine, I couldn't eat anything before going but toast is good, if you can manage a full breakfast at that time in the morning go for it.
I find a milk shake is also good. Even if you do have a root canal you will be okay. I never thought I would say this but if I had to have another with the dentist that did my other one's I would not be worried.
I am glad your boys are good now, it's awful when they are sick. Good luck for Friday. If you can do a tooth pulling you can do this. Really you have a nice dentist so you will be fine. Keep us posted.
Ugh....cant sleep an my appointment is less then 7 hours away. I keep feeling i should just not go lol. I dont know if i can open my mouth again for them .
Nope not yet....leaving in about a half hour...such a long drive to think about it . Stomache is in knots this morning not sure if i can eat anything...thanks guys
Ugh deep cleaning at 9 am an i nervouse as hell.......may flake out on them. I herd it hurts. Also now id have someone new pokin round in there an iam not good with that my nerves are shot.....sorry for the ramble iam drinking to take the edge off
Man what an epic visit..so easy an nice. Lady had me rinse with something that made my numb all over an she did her thing. Only a few spots where touchy around a couple cavities but yeah great visit. She was so used to anxious people so it was like nothing to her. I thought i was going to annoy her when i asked if she would close the door but yeah she was great. It was a great feeling too. After the deep cleaning she used a little polisher wheel thing an it was like getting a tooth massage. I swear i could have fell asleep while she did that. Dare i say it felt good lol. Riminded me of my favorite part of getting my hair cut when they buzz your neck or something haha. Got a bag full of goodies an then took xrays. Going in a few weeks to have another cavity filled an then aome wisdom teeth out. So all an all it was a great visit. Thanks for the support as alwaymiley=hugging.gif]
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.