• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

experiences of tooth extraction under sedation

S

spicyporkchop

I'm having a tooth removed via an oral surgeon soon due to the tooth being cracked and the fact that apparently I have really long roots. My dentist advised sedation and he also wanted to send me to an oral surgeon rather than do it himself.
can anyone please share there experience of A-extraction under sedation and B-having a long rooted tooth removed (level of pain after, recovery time etc)
STRESSING OUT ?

You can read a recent account of one forum user's experience with tooth extraction under IV sedation right here: https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/f...-in-4-days-scared-to-death.19270/#post-155030

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about there! As for long roots, I don't know, maybe a dentist can chip in. We do have one or two who sometimes post. If they give you painkillers, remember just to take them regularly, to "stay on top of the pain". It's not uncommon to be referred to an oral surgeon, so don't panic or start thinking that it means it will be a horrible procedure. I've had an oral surgeon remove teeth and it was a breeze.

Best of luck! :)

Back