• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alix44
  • Start date Start date
A

Alix44

Junior member
Joined
Apr 30, 2024
Messages
1
Location
Hampshire
I have stage 4 periodontal diagnosed in 2021. It came as a complete shock as pre covid I regularly went to the dentist and was never told I had gingivitis let alone advanced gum disease. I did not cope well with the news and have struggled with dental phobias since.
Anyway my 4 bottom front have stage 1 mobility (one is worse then the others) and my dentist has recomended splinting due to my severe bone loss in this area. My gum disease is not stable at the moment I need another cleaning but I should have this done this year.

Turns out I have low jaw bone density and a genetic predisposition to gum issues. I am just about coping now with knowing about these 4 teeth however I now out of nowhere have a loose wisdom tooth root (most fell out decades ago) and a loose molar next to it. I'm happy to have the root pulled but my question is will the molar settle or will removal cause a domino effect of loose teeth? I don't think my mental health can deal with any more loose teeth and don't know what to do for the best!
 
I'm happy to have the root pulled but my question is will the molar settle or will removal cause a domino effect of loose teeth?
No such thing as a domino effect. But removing the root is not likely to make any difference to the molar either.
 
Back
Top