• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction - Wait for denture? Value for money.

M

mojopearl

Hi
I had a upper back tooth pulled in early April. Overall I'm missing upper teeth 3,4 and 14.
I was going to have a mental denture but after some thought I think an acrylic might be better due to gum disease. (So that I can have extra teeth added on )

I've cancelled a appointment which I was to have in 2 weeks time, as I'm aware my gum is still healing.
There's still a grove. Is it better that I wait a bit longer so that I can save money on the denture.? Perhaps, have a denture done in September? How long after an extraction is best if I want a denture to last a while?

I'm not that well off, so trying to be cost effective.
Any advice would be really welcome so that I can make a good decision.

Does anyone have any advice?

Mojopearl.,

I'm not a dentist but I do hear you on having to save money for procedures and that being a factor in when they get done. We can only do our best? Have you talked to your dentist about the differnces of metal and acryllic? and what wait time would be best. Ultimately its your decision and unfortunately our pocketbooks sometimes make too many decisions for us. I hope you can get in the time you want :)

Back