• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extreme Pain from Cavity in Wisdom Tooth. Been waiting 3 weeks to get them out, 1 week to go. PAIN!

S

samhope811

Extreme Pain from Cavity in Wisdom Tooth. Been waiting 3 weeks to get them out, 1 week to go. PAIN!

Hello.
I am 23 years old with an anxiety and panic disorder which results in me having an extreme fear of the dentist. I barely ever go. I hate to admit it but I don’t brush my teeth regularly either. Recently I was having sharp pain in my lower right side of my mouth and went to the dentist to find out I have a cavity in my wisdom tooth on the upper right side and the pain is radiating to my lower right side and in particular i’m getting severe and i mean SEVERE pain on my lower right side canine tooth from the cavity in the wisdom. I also have two impacted wisdom teeth on both lower sides. I’ve basically been in pain for months until I finally got to see an oral surgeon and make a date to get my infected teeth out. I’ve been on clindamycin for about a month but it does nothing for my pain and I’ve been taking Advil a lot which also worries me because I don’t want to get a stomach ulcer or bleeding. I am getting my wisdom teeth out a week from today and tonight the pain got super severe again. I took medicine but the pain is still there even with using an ice pack and heat. What can I do to hold myself over until the surgery?

Re: Extreme Pain from Cavity in Wisdom Tooth. Been waiting 3 weeks to get them out, 1 week to go. PA

Hi samhope811,

the pain you described sounds terrible and one week is a long time. I cannot give you any medical advice but didn't want to let your post unreplied. Would it be an option to go to the pharmacy and ask for some painkillers that don't interfere with the medication you are currently taking? That's what I would do. If it wouldn't help, I would try to get help either from the surgeon or from any dentist or would go to the ER. You shouldn't have to deal with pain like this for a week..

Hope you'll find help very soon and good luck for your surgery next week:clover:

Back