• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extreme pain when flossing one side of gum triangle, like if I'm doing it with barbed wire

16andbadteethandgums

16andbadteethandgums

I have no idea as to how this could happen, but for the past 4 days whenever floss touches this particular area it stings very powerfully. One of the worst pains I've ever felt. I don't know how this could be since there's nothing stuck there and there's no apparent gingivitis...? And sometimes the throbbing spreads to the teeth around the gum triangle and even my lips, just randomly throughout the day.... does anyone have any idea as to what it could be? It's causing me a lot of grief.

Hi,
I am sure it is nothing too bad. I would suggest you stop flossing the area for a few days, then try again really gently.
Hope this works for you.
Lincoln

Hi,
I am sure it is nothing too bad. I would suggest you stop flossing the area for a few days, then try again really gently.
Hope this works for you.
Lincoln
Thanks, I did snap the floss very hard in that place a few weeks ago but I thought it had healed when it stopped bleeding.... guess not.

I had this exact feeling a few weeks ago! It was a good week or so because I was constantly making it sore. I was going in too hard and too high with the floss. I’d leave it for a couple days and then do it super gently.

I had this exact feeling a few weeks ago! It was a good week or so because I was constantly making it sore. I was going in too hard and too high with the floss. I’d leave it for a couple days and then do it super gently ?
It feels so 'wrong' to leave it alone... I unbelievably forgot to let it heal and flossed it again. Perhaps should tape something to the floss to remind me the next time :(

Back