• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

extreme tooth/jaw pain near tooth #28 for 6 years.. No answers as to why.

• Thread starter frustrated4ever
  • Start date
F

frustrated4ever

for about 6 years now I have had the most extreme tooth/jaw pain you could ever imagine, been to 3 different dentist and had xrays, all say nothing is wrong. went to the dr and had a brain mri to rule out anything to do with nerves, I really thought it was trigeminal neuralgia as that completely describes what I feel, but the mri also found nothing!!! I don't know what else to do or what it could be!

Re: extreme tooth/jaw pain near tooth #28 for 6 years.. No answers as to why.

Are you a tooth clencher or grinder? Have you been to an Endodontist to have specialized tests done on that tooth?

Are you a tooth clencher or grinder? Have you been to an Endodontist to have specialized tests done on that tooth?

I'm not sure exactly which tooth it is, just the general area. and I don't think I grind or clench my teeth at night, that I know of.

I have that problem after having a crown installed. It was too high to start with and the dentist ground it down. Then he said he thinks I clench my teeth. Thinking about it after, I do think he is correct as my pain feels like the tooth but when I run, it's the jaw bone where the joints are.

Back