• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Final question--Is it safe to have tooth removed while having Cipro side effects

N

Nutfig1

Final question--Is it safe to have tooth removed while having Cipro side effects

Tomorrow I finally get my non-impacted lower left wisdom tooth with a large cavity removed using just the numbing method. I originally was scheduled to have it removed by an oral surgeon in late August but decided I wanted it out ASAP because I am worried about infection.

The very first dentist I saw couldnt get an X-ray of my tooth (she has no orbital X-ray machine) so thats why Ive had to wait so long for anything to be done about it. She put me on Cipro to prevent any infection which I took from July the fifth until July the twentieth.

L ast night I developed severe diarrhea and vomited today. I have a strong feeling that these are side effects of Cipro. I called and told the dentist I will see and he thinks its just nerves but if its not will it still be safe to have the tooth removed

Re: Final question--Is it safe to have tooth removed while having Cipro side effects

Hi Nutfig, sorry to read about the discomfort, sounds very unpleasant.. Hope you feel a bit better by now.. :( I do not even know what Cipro is, but dentists are doctors and a part of their responsibilities is to know exactly which medications or health conditions are relevant for which procedures as they have to make sure you are safe. If your dentist told you that the tooth removal is ok, then that's the case. Hope you get better very soon and wish you good luck with the extraction! Don't forget to keep us posted:)

Back