• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally extracted my rotten teeth!

K

KarlCuriousguy

Hi, friends, I can't Express how much you have helped me, so my way is sharing my super successful story!

I'm 27 but suffer from severe depression since I'm 11. in 2010 I had a root canal made on my right upper molar and 4 years later i found out it was a badly done job and it killed the teeth and the one next to it. I felt so ashamed at the level I let my health get, I ran from the dentist for 5 years, and in the mean time I lost all my molars cause the bacteria spread. For 5 years i watched and felt my teeth break and fall, and had to live knowing I had a disease that made me destroy myself daily. Remembering the existence of my teeth brought me only shame and fear of judgement from the dentist.

This year I started going to a nice therapist and I finally found the courage to confront my fears and be nicer to myself. It did help the dentist is a very cool guy who asked me about my depression and was very kind with the least hurting injections I've ever experienced.
Last Thursday I removed the rotten roots of my mollars and with the help of this forum I got a lot less anxious and it was as easy as described here. It took a little more than 15 minutes to extract three teeth! Pain free during and after surgery. Had no swelling or pain at all! if I had known this forum before o would've done it ages ago! I started crying at the dentist cause I was so happy to have ended this cycle of self hatred and I'm ready to begin a new phase where I can love myself and thrive for happiness! All thanks to you guys! So please dont give up, your time with phobia will end, just be kind to yourself, I guess :)

Karlcuriousguy,

This is such a beautiful and inspiring testimony! Im so glad you decided to face your fears and go to therapy.. I do as well and it helps so much! And so glad you found yourself what sounds to be a very nice and anxious friendly dentist!! This is all lovely. Sounds like a very good new start to the self love phase and journey!! Thanks for your encouragement,. just beautiful!! May you heal well and quick!!

Congrats!! ?? My therapist is always telling me to make time for self care, and in a way I think taking the huge step to even walk into the dentist’s office and finally talking to someone about my phobia was a part of that. I’m so happy for you!

Karlcuriousguy,

This is such a beautiful and inspiring testimony! Im so glad you decided to face your fears and go to therapy.. I do as well and it helps so much! And so glad you found yourself what sounds to be a very nice and anxious friendly dentist!! This is all lovely. Sounds like a very good new start to the self love phase and journey!! Thanks for your encouragement,. just beautiful!! May you heal well and quick!!
Thank you so much! From now on, only good things and saving money for my implants!

Congrats!! ?? My therapist is always telling me to make time for self care, and in a way I think taking the huge step to even walk into the dentist’s office and finally talking to someone about my phobia was a part of that. I’m so happy for you!
Yeah! Self care is not only skin care, right? We have to be good to all of our body! Thanks a lot, you're all so kind

Well done. Enjoy. You’ve earned it.

Soon you’ll be back to eating all the foods you love.

Back