• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally got my tooth pulled

M

msh1552

I have read many comments on here regarding tooth extractions, but just as a lurker. I recently had a back molar that broke to the gum line and it had to be removed. I was scared to even go visit the dentist and have it looked at. To put it in perspective I haven't seen a dentist in over a decade due to fear. Reading these forums and the many good experiences others have had encouraged me to get my tooth removed and feel better about going in.

I would like to add other story in hopes that maybe my experience can help others who are scared to get it done. It really feels like it's NO BIG DEAL after it's done. You'll wish you would of done it sooner.

I went to the surgeon to have my tooth extracted this morning. I was given an IV sedation. It was very quick once they started the IV I don't even remember falling asleep. I only remember waking up and being moved to the recovery room. I believe the total time with being prepped, tooth extracted and recovery took maybe a hour and 20 minutes. I felt no pain and still don't. Awesome experience.

Thank you to everyone who has posted their stories on here and helped me feel better about getting my tooth pulled.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! I'm glad your extraction went so quickly and smoothly. I love that you are sharing your experience to help others get past their fears. Best of luck in the future!

Hey, congrats, well done and thank you for sharing!:jump: Going from scared to even let the dentist have a look to an extraction under iv, that's a huge step!

Lovely to hear that the posts here in the forum helped you and I am sure that your success story will help others too.

Congratulations!

Congrats on your success. I am going tomorrow for an extraction - no IV - but I am going to tell them if I start freaking out to hit me with some nitrous oxide.

Dr promised I will be plenty numb - hope he is right!

Congrats on your success. I am going tomorrow for an extraction - no IV - but I am going to tell them if I start freaking out to hit me with some nitrous oxide.

Dr promised I will be plenty numb - hope he is right!

Good luck today. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I've had two pulled at different times over the past four months and both were super easy and fast. No IV. Just numbing me well and then the extraction. Total time about 20 minutes and 15 if those were just spent waiting to be numb.

Post on how things went. ? It will be easy, peasy. ?

I cracked a tooth to the gum line too and will likely need an extraction, and I am terrified. I also will probably get an implant since it's a molar that I will have trouble chewing without. I take it that IV sedation puts you completely out? I don't want to be aware of what's going on. I just want to wake up and it be over.

Back