K
kwikmechanic
Junior member
- Joined
- Nov 21, 2013
- Messages
- 1
Im new to this forum but this is the first time I've actually worked up the courage to seek support and ask questions about being young and needing dentures (and really down right admit to myself.) So I guess to start off, a little bit of background. Bad teeth unfortunately runs in my genes for some reason. Growing up i never had the best looking smile, but that didn't stop me from doing so. Then in 2nd grade I had contracted bacterial meningitis and had a rough fight with it. Countless medicines were given to me and i got through it over time. As it turned out, some of the meds had actually started taking adverse effects on my teeth. I went through countless dentist visits but my teeth still managed to discolor no matter how many cleanings i sat through or how much i brushed them, but i lived with it. Then after entering 8th grade, my dark ages came and ill always regret the life i chose at the time. It was a depressing time where i went into party mode and began using drugs while totally ignoring all dental hygiene. That lasted all the way until I got arrested 3 months after graduating high school. After that point i changed my life around but still remained with my oral consequences of my decisions. I started to realize just how bad my teeth actually were when they started to rot away and break apart no matter what i did. I was so embarrassed. I started to smile with my mouth shut, tried to avoid talking with my mouth to far open in fear that someone would notice. I know in reality that everyone notices. I had been putting off the dentist because I just know that he's going to keep reminding me of how bad my teeth are and i don't know that i could afford the work i need done. Im 23 now. But just the other night one of my top showing teeth broke completely in half while chewing on bread...I've decided I need to do something. Especially since i work as a mechanic and am constantly talking to people. After talking to my girlfriend, who is really the only person i feel comfortable discussing it with, we came to the conclusion dentures would really be my only option. What little teeth i have left in my mouth can't be repaired. Im sorry for the long introduction and back story that might seem pointless, but i've never sought support for this from anyone but my girlfriend and I need some things answered from people that have been through this or know a good deal about it. My questions would be:
I know dentures are expensive, but i've heard of 3rd party companies that can basically pay the bill and you work out a payment plan with them. Is this true and where could I find more info on it.
What's the best route for dentures? I don't want something that's going to fall out of my mouth when im talking to someone lol.
How long could i expect to be without teeth before i got dentures? even just temporary ones.
Will the complex extractures of my rotted teeth be painful? how long will i need to take off work?
Any more information that you can provide will be much appreciated. I just don't know anything about this and am ready to do all this. I just need direction. I do have insurance, it just doesn't cover but $1,000 yearly if that info is important.
Thank you so much in advance.
Kwikmechanic
I know dentures are expensive, but i've heard of 3rd party companies that can basically pay the bill and you work out a payment plan with them. Is this true and where could I find more info on it.
What's the best route for dentures? I don't want something that's going to fall out of my mouth when im talking to someone lol.
How long could i expect to be without teeth before i got dentures? even just temporary ones.
Will the complex extractures of my rotted teeth be painful? how long will i need to take off work?
Any more information that you can provide will be much appreciated. I just don't know anything about this and am ready to do all this. I just need direction. I do have insurance, it just doesn't cover but $1,000 yearly if that info is important.
Thank you so much in advance.
Kwikmechanic
to the forum.