• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finding the right Dentist for my needs !

C

carebear

Hello!
Im 56 years old and all my life ive been scared to go to the dentist.........now looking back it seems like it would have been nothing .....but all my teeth now have to come out !!!! all my upper teeth are rotted to the gums ....I ve dealt with chest pain isssues for the last year...all my test are coming back good !!!! that leaves [the teeth] .....I have schedualed an app with a [General dentist ] my Question is .........is a General dentist safe to remove teeth in this condition....I have medicaid insurance and the G D told me [no oral surgeons would except my insurance....I read somewhere these dentist dont go as far as Os.........can anyone help ...My teeth have to come out.:):):)

Hello!
Im 56 years old and all my life ive been scared to go to the dentist.........now looking back it seems like it would have been nothing .....but all my teeth now have to come out !!!! all my upper teeth are rotted to the gums ....I ve dealt with chest pain isssues for the last year...all my test are coming back good !!!! that leaves [the teeth] .....I have schedualed an app with a [General dentist ] my Question is .........is a General dentist safe to remove teeth in this condition....I have medicaid insurance and the G D told me [no oral surgeons would except my insurance....I read somewhere these dentist dont go as far as Os.........can anyone help ...My teeth have to come out.:):):)

I didn't think Medicaid covered dental work but I really don't know. I have only ever had extractions done by an oral surgeon. Most general dentists do not do extractions anymore and of those who do, they will only do what is considered "simple extraction" if there is no tooth structure above the gum it would be considered surgical extraction and I think you would need an oral surgeon. I had one fractured molar and all of my wisdom teeth extracted by an oral surgeon. My husband did once have an infected tooth extracted at an emergency dentist but it was difficult and he regretted not going to an oral surgeon.

Back