• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finding the right dentist

L

Love2Laugh

I desperately need to find a dentist that works with dental phobic patients. I’m very nervous about everything involved with being at the dentist and need a compassionate and patient dentist that’s willing to work with me and my fears. How can I find a good dentist?

Hi Love2Laugh :welcome:

Great to hear that you've decided to look for a caring and compassionate dentist :).

We've got a page with tips for finding a dentist that works with phobic patients here:

You can also ask for help with finding a dentist here on our forum (although unless someone else here happens to be able to personally recommend a dentist in your area, the recommendations will probably be based on Google searches and looking at websites).

The good news is that with things like facebook, there are actually less fake reviews around nowadays than 10 or 15 years ago, which makes things a little easier.

Back