• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First dentist visit after 10 plus years, said I need immediate dentures.

S

Springfairy556

For some reason my top teeth are worse than my bottom, my dentist said.But he said this makes things easier, not worse, he said all my bottom teeth are, are just maintence, some fillings and some cleanings.But my two front teeth need pulling, and I'm missing a lof top teeth.

He told me I would need immediate dentures.My fear is 2 things.

1.His assitant told me she will order me medicine to be taken the night before, which will cause temporary memory groggyness and to take it the morning of.She said I won't rememeber anything at all.I don't want memory loss, I have a job and things like that.

2.Learning to talk with dentures, I work as a cashier about 5 days a week at a grocery store, so talking is part of my daily life.If I can't talk I can't work and I'll be fired.

What do I do?

He also said I still have a baby tooth lol.

Re: First dentist visit after 10 plus years, said I need immediate dentures.

For some reason my top teeth are worse than my bottom, my dentist said.But he said this makes things easier, not worse, he said all my bottom teeth are, are just maintence, some fillings and some cleanings.But my two front teeth need pulling, and I'm missing a lof top teeth.

He told me I would need immediate dentures.My fear is 2 things.

1.His assitant told me she will order me medicine to be taken the night before, which will cause temporary memory groggyness and to take it the morning of.She said I won't rememeber anything at all.I don't want memory loss, I have a job and things like that.

2.Learning to talk with dentures, I work as a cashier about 5 days a week at a grocery store, so talking is part of my daily life.If I can't talk I can't work and I'll be fired.

What do I do?

He also said I still have a baby tooth lol.

When I had all of my back teeth (top and bottom) removed, I had to take the same medicine. It was just Valium to calm any fears. The gas they give you only makes you delirious and loopy for that one day.

Also, dentures sound worse in your head than they actually are. I just found out today that a coworker of mine has dentures and I would have never known. I also have to get partial dentures.

Back