F
Froyo26
Junior member
- Joined
- Mar 10, 2021
- Messages
- 3
- Location
- UK
Hi there. I've just signed up to this site as I have my first filling on a bottom molar tomorrow and I am absolutely terrified. Can anyone provide any reassurances that might comfort me with just 24 hours to go?
I've had teeth out in the past and coped ok with the injection/extraction. It's the drill that gives me the most fear - I struggle even with a scale and polish, the feeling goes right through me and I often have to ask the dentist to stop. Desperate to not be a drama queen tomorrow and act like a grown woman!! Dentist is really nice and advised me to wear earphones, but i don't think this will help with the drill feeling..
Thank you in advance if anyone can help!
** Forgot to add that the teeth extractions were when I was a young teenager, and somehow was a lot more brave than I am now. Put off going to the dentist for 7 years before this and this filling is my first treatments
I've had teeth out in the past and coped ok with the injection/extraction. It's the drill that gives me the most fear - I struggle even with a scale and polish, the feeling goes right through me and I often have to ask the dentist to stop. Desperate to not be a drama queen tomorrow and act like a grown woman!! Dentist is really nice and advised me to wear earphones, but i don't think this will help with the drill feeling..
Thank you in advance if anyone can help!
** Forgot to add that the teeth extractions were when I was a young teenager, and somehow was a lot more brave than I am now. Put off going to the dentist for 7 years before this and this filling is my first treatments
Last edited:
well done that’s amazing! It’s the best when you find the dentist you think is the ONE! She sounds perfect with her patience and understanding. Just what we phonics often need. So glade you got it over and done with and I’m sure you. Every good appointment definitely helps with the nextsnd future ones. Glade I could help?