• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Follow up tommorow

T

tazey

Kinda nervous have no idea what they'll be doing+dont want any bad news right now as its been a very stressfull 3wks. Would just be nice if they could say something positive for once.

Hi,

What is the follow up about?

I don’t place implants myself but I believe that if there is any problem you should notice it by now. What do you thing @comfortdentist ?

In general when a patient has pain beyond a day or two the implant is more likely to fail.
If they get a post surgical infection then the implant fails.
If it is really sore for over a week the implant usually fails.
However if there is little pain or the pain is really only the first day or so then there is an excellent chance of success.
Most implants fail between 1-4 weeks if they are going to fail.
Of course there are exceptions to above but the above is usually true.

In general when a patient has pain beyond a day or two the implant is more likely to fail.
If they get a post surgical infection then the implant fails.
If it is really sore for over a week the implant usually fails.
However if there is little pain or the pain is really only the first day or so then there is an excellent chance of success.
Most implants fail between 1-4 weeks if they are going to fail.
Of course there are exceptions to above but the above is usually true.
the first week/10 days were rough but I think that was more just the swelling,I'd have taken painkillers if I'd really needed too but didn't.

Back