• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

For denture wearers - Which one gives you the most issues staying on?

tabitha87

tabitha87

I just had all my teeth pulled & would like dental implants, although I know they're really expensive. So, I'm thinking maybe just start with 2 implants but I don't know which is better.. top or bottom?

Which one do you guys have issues with the most (i.e. getting them to stay, slipping etc.)?

Re: For denture wearers - Which one give's you the most issues staying on?

mom has full and it's the bottom ones that seem to have fun playing the "ok, let's make a run for it" game at about lunch time.

I'm no help with my dentures since I have partials and not full ones and mine are having fun playing the "we're not leaving" game with me so a bit of fixident and they are stuck all day. Good when I want them to stay put but not good when I want them out if I wear them.

As a minimum get 2 implants on the bottom. Well worth the cost if you can figure out anyway to do it. If it was me in South Florida I would turn off the a/c and ride my bicycle to work to save the money for those things. It is all about quality of life!

My Dad has offered to pay for it, as long as the costs weren't too high. They vary greatly where I'm from, with people telling me anywhere from $1100-3400/implant. Then the other part is not a lot of them take any payment plans so I'm pretty limited to finding only the ones that do since it's a lot of money to dish out at once.

I'm sure I'll find one, with some hard work & time. I'm only 27 so my Oral Surgeon advised me to really consider it since I have sufficient bone density now but if I wait too long, I may not & that it could eventually change the shape & appearance of my face.

The surgeon told me as well to start with the bottom if I had to choose since the lower is what suffers the most bone loss more rapidly than the top, plus he said something about the dentures on the bottom tending to slip more often than the top from the pressure applied by your bite. So, looks like I need to start with the bottom. He also said a minimum of 2 is needed, however, more would be better to have that added stability but I guess it all depends on price.

Thanks.

Bottom!!!