• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I need HELP from you guys - denture wearers

A

ambersue

I have been waking up with sore gums every morning on my upper area where I had all my teeth pulled. I still have my bottom fronts and left side. I think maybe I am grinding my teeth at night and rubbing my gums on top (since I don't wear my teeth to sleep). Has anyone else had this issue? Should I talk to my dentist or just buy one of those night mouth guards??

I don't know if this is for sure the problem, or it me brushing to get the goo off at night is causing it. (they are tender when i take the goo off)

Any ideas???:(

Hi Ambersue, I've got just an upper denture, I had awful problems with the goo, getting it off made my palate and gums not only sore but also bleed. I had to stop using it, I now use the Polygrip powder, it does the job and removes itself, no scrubbing required. Have a word with your dentist though as well, in case it is something else.
My dentist keeps telling me that getting a denture is a process, not an action. He is quite right, I will eventually be OK with it, but it is taking an awfully long time, I'm on my second immediate denture and will get a permanent one next March, and it will finally fit. :cheers:

Thank you for your reply!! I have some poligrip powder on order...i pray it keeps this giant plate in my mouth!!! I will talk to my dentist next visit.

why are you on your 2nd immediate?

I've just remembered, when I first tried the powder, using it according to the instructions, it felt gritty and uncomfortable so now I sprinkle the powder onto the denture, shake off the excess, and then hold it under a slowly running tap to wet the powder, it is much better, smooth and slimey (in a good way).
My first immediate was horrible, and I had a few teeth left that would not last much longer, so I had them removed and a new immediate made (by a better dentist). It fit well for a while but is very loose now so it is having a soft reline on Monday at the laboratory, so I'm working myself up into a right old state worrying about it - they will lose it, break it, the soft lining won't help etc. etc.. so fingers crossed :thumbsup:.
I hope the powder works for you :)

I will be trying the powder this weekend....along with some others...since i am off work for 4 days!!!! YIPPEEEEE:jump:

Will let you know how it goes and thank you for the heads up!!!

Back