• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Four Impacted Wisdom teeth

S

ScaredTeen

Hey guys, i have been rading this forum for about two days now, and my appointment to get four wisdom teeth extracted is tomorrow at 9 am.  To catch you up, im 17 and i have a small needle phobia and the idea of having somebody ripping open my gums and digging into the bone does not fair well with me. I have loved reading your stories about how it feels like your "drunk" or just really relaxed and i like what i hear. Im obviously going to be fully IV sedated, but my doctor has not mentioned anything about local...but im sure ill be getting some of that. What i really want to hear from you guys is how it felt when the teeth were being pulled out. That is my most fearful thing right now...im kinda set on the needle thing (recently had a tuberculosis shot, so if its anything like that ill be fine), i guess i want to hear more about the pressure/ways they take them out seeing how they are all impacted. maybe the approx. time it takes to take out 4 impacted ones? most of you adults have wisdom teeth that are partially out or even some that are fully out. Thanks in advance for your replies!  :cheers:

Hiya :welcome:

I had a wisdom tooth out not that long ago and honestly, I didnt even know that he had pulled it! I was sedated and also have a needle phobia but I dont remember the needles going in, you have nothing to worry about! My wisdom tooth was not impacted so perhaps someone could help you on how that felt but regarding iv sedation and needles you wil be fine! The great thing about IV sedation is you wont remember the procedure, I remeber bits of mine as I wasnt that heavily sedated but its a great way to go about complicated procedures, I wish you all the luck in the world and look forward to your success posting tomorrow!

well i finally got it done... :cheers:

it was pretty simple...they put those sensors on me...one on my hand and three on my chest...gave me one of those caps they make you wear in soup kitchens...and gave me the IV. It pinched a little but wasnt too bad...i felt a little dizzy and then i was out before they could open my mouth. I did wake up in the middle of the operation but i think i went back to sleep. It was weird...i felt like i was wheazing for air...but its all over now. YAY :thumbsup:

Back