• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fracture From Traumatic Extraction, Now More Teeth There Needing To Be Done?

L

Lindaru

Fracture From Traumatic Extraction, Now More Teeth There Needing To Be Done?

Hi, all . . . January 7th I had my lower right canine which broke during extraction drilled out (took almost an hour). I had to have an upper tooth on the other side extracted June 17th, but it looks now from the x-rays that the traumatic extraction gave my jaw in that area a hair-line fracture. I have to have the two premolars on that lower side extracted Wednesday and I am hearing from others that if they are difficult to remove, I could end up breaking the jaw since the fracture has not had enough time to sufficiently heal up. Should I cancel the extractions? I have been in intermittent pain and they are both loose. I am 56 years old and they say at my age, extractions are tricky anyway.

:cry:

Last edited:
Re: Fracture From Traumatic Extraction, Now More Teeth There Needing To Be Done?

The appointment is in less than an hour. Guess I will find out.

o_O

Re: Fracture From Traumatic Extraction, Now More Teeth There Needing To Be Done?

I really hope your appointment went well and that you are by now back home sleeping it off. Sorry I missed you before your appointment. I hope you can let us know how you got on when you feel up to it. :butterfly:

Thank you, Carole! It went amazingly well, but then I had lots of friends in my spiritual community sending healing energy and prayer, as well I held a clear crystal quartz through the procedure. As he was pulling each one (now mind you, the sensation I get when the teeth are ready to be scheduled for extraction is that they are pushing themselves out of my jaw, or trying to, because these were getting loose), I thought to each one, "You wish to leave me, so go in peace and go in one piece". Both came right out after he was able to get a grip on them.

It is now almost 12 hours post-extraction and already the clots are formed, the granulation tissue is in place and the gum tissue is now moving together. At this rate, they may be completely closed up by morning.

:jump:

There is no sign of any jaw damage. He did say as far as my bottom teeth go (I only have both sides first and second molars left now) that the easy ones are done, so not sure how these last ones are going to go. If these break, they have to do the drilling and bone burs (?) to get them out which I understand is rather traumatic compared to simply using a scalpel type instrument and "scooping" (from what my friend told me) out from underneath. Does anyone know anything about this? I guess it is often used by oral surgeons in cases where the molars are broken off at or below the gum surface which mine are.

Congrats to you :jump::jump::jump::cheer::cheer::cheer::dance2::dance2::dance2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::yayy::yayy::yayy::wow::whirl::whirl::yay::yay::yay::yay::claps::claps::claps:and well done. It has been said on here by the dentist themselves that teeth broken at the gum line are easier to get out than the full teeth, so that fact might help you.

Happy healing and good luck for your next visit :butterfly:

I am putting a couple of links here for you that might help with what to eat after the extractions.

Sorry I did not get back in here . . . took a couple of weeks to get things caught up after my few days of recovery, but yes! Doing better! The next teeth in line (the bottom molars) are still hurting after I go to sleep (no other time) but I understand that is because the tissue in my extraction site is still filling in so there is some lower swelling there.

Thank you also for the lovely recipe links and they sound wonderful, but I do not have a blender.

I have been subsisting on Carnation Breakfast Essentials for two meals a day plus the following for dinner meals:

Refried beans with the canned spray cheese and sour cream.
Soups with no "bits" in them like Classic or Cream Of Tomato (again topped with the spray cheese).
Cream Of Chicken (with parsley), also topped with the spray cheese.
Mashed potatoes and any kind gravy with no bits in it.
Deviled ham mixed with mayonnaise and topped with spray cheese.
Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt (creamy with no fruit bits or nuts).

I have 11 teeth left, none that match anything that they can chew with, so this is probably what it will be like after I have them all out.

:)

Back