• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Freaking out about wisdom teeth removal in 3 days

S

scaredyKatty

Hi there,

I am freaking out about having all four wisdom teeth out on Friday (3 days) in Australia. I have just picked up diahzipan from my dentist to 'take the edge off' but I am still beyond terrified. What does diahzipan do?
How do you deal with the waiting in the waiting room and then sitting in the chair and not fainting while they put the injection in? That is the part i am the most scared of.
I am having IV so will be semi-asleep, will I remember any of it?

I am SO scared please anyone offer me some kind words or tips. In return I will give you regular updates pre and post surgery.

Many thanks in advance.

Mx

Hey there. I had 2 removed last week and I also had IV sedation. I was fully asleep. As for those meds idk about them didn't have them. I waited in the waiting about 2 mins that's all. When they took me back I met the doc again shook his hand and all. He put the iv in me himself and I remember asking when I could eat. Next thing I know two nurses are helping me up saying your all done.

Well you and I are in the same boat! I am getting all 4 out on Friday and will be getting some sort of anesthesia for it as well! I'm super nervous as well. But, I'll be thinking of you - we're going to do just fine!

Well you and I are in the same boat! I am getting all 4 out on Friday and will be getting some sort of anesthesia for it as well! I'm super nervous as well. But, I'll be thinking of you - we're going to do just fine!

Oh that's good to know, I wish you the best of luck! Let me know how it goes :jump:

Hi there,

I am freaking out about having all four wisdom teeth out on Friday (3 days) in Australia. I have just picked up diahzipan from my dentist to 'take the edge off' but I am still beyond terrified. What does diahzipan do?
How do you deal with the waiting in the waiting room and then sitting in the chair and not fainting while they put the injection in? That is the part i am the most scared of.
I am having IV so will be semi-asleep, will I remember any of it?

I am SO scared please anyone offer me some kind words or tips. In return I will give you regular updates pre and post surgery.

Many thanks in advance.

Mx

Hey there, I just had 2 uppers pulled and 2 lowers cut 4days ago today... If you getting the IV you wont remember a thing. As soon as they put you under you will get the best nap of your life lol... Just be sure to take your pain meds post surgery before you start feeling the pain... Also follow your post care to the tee... You may want to make sure your kitchen is stocked up on the foods you SHOULD be eating. Good luck.

Hi scaredyKatty, how did it go?
I thought of you this morning when I was getting ready to go in - I hope it went as well for you as it did for me! I went through with it using IV Sedation and it was truly a breeze. I even remember the procedure! I was conscious but off in la la land, and I could hear what they were doing but could not feel it.

Here it is, almost 12 hours later and I already have my gauze out of my mouth and my clots formed. I had a nice lukewarm soup dinner with lots of garlic, and I've only had to take one pain pill. I'm not even sure that I'll need to use the whole bottle! :)

Here's hoping that you did just as well - and either way - it's over now!! ;D

:cheer:

Hi scaredyKatty, how did it go?
I thought of you this morning when I was getting ready to go in - I hope it went as well for you as it did for me! I went through with it using IV Sedation and it was truly a breeze. I even remember the procedure! I was conscious but off in la la land, and I could hear what they were doing but could not feel it.

Here it is, almost 12 hours later and I already have my gauze out of my mouth and my clots formed. I had a nice lukewarm soup dinner with lots of garlic, and I've only had to take one pain pill. I'm not even sure that I'll need to use the whole bottle! :)

Here's hoping that you did just as well - and either way - it's over now!! ;D

:cheer:

Hi lovely, YES I did it and it's over!!! It was a total breeze. And congrats to you too! Have you started eating solids yet?

Hi lovely, YES I did it and it's over!!! It was a total breeze. And congrats to you too! Have you started eating solids yet?

I just saw your success story and came over here to check as well! :) I'm so glad it went well!
I just started eating some solids today - I'm not completely comfortable with it yet, but if I rinse my mouth afterwards I feel a lot better :) I had some dumplings earlier and that's about as solid as I've been chancing! ;D I can definitely feel the difference each day though, and each day I get more and more comfortable eating.

Believe me when I say everything WILL be FINE! :) I suffer from panic and anxiety, I have extreme anxiety to the point where I have to see a therapist. I was extremely nervous before my extraction. I was in total panic mode. I was making myself sick cause I never went through surgery and I didn't know what I was going in for, and I didn't know what to expect. I was so afraid of the possibilities, like waking up during it, feeling it, etc. Believe me I was a total wreck, and like I said I suffer from anxiety, so I am not the type that is "tough" and just pushes through things. They also gave me a pill called Halcion and I had to take it before surgery. It really calmed me down, and I was fine. I remember I was in the chair, and the anesthesiologist was talking to me about my dad's plastering company, and then BOOM! I don't remember anything after that! Honestly! I woke up and that is all I remember.

I even made a fool out of myself, and said "Where's the hot assistant?" lol! I was feeling good, and I only had Twilight Sedation. I didn't even have Anesthesia. I was reading horror stories about people waking up and asking for more, but that is BULLSHIT! believe me, you are out cold, you don't remember anything, I didn't. Bear in mind too, that I had severely impacted wisdom teeth and I got all four of them removed, and the 2 of the lower jaw were pressing against a nerve so the Oral surgeon had to cut in my jaw, and I still was sedated through it all. I didn't feel anything. All I remember is waking up, that is it! It felt like 5 minutes too! When it was only a half hour later. It wasn't a terrible experience, honestly. I was freaking out about nothing. It was fine. You will be fine too! I promise that! People like attention and will post horror stories on the internet, you never hear anyone post good things about their wisdom tooth extraction on the internet, but I will be the one to tell you to not believe that crap. Cause I was incessantly looking up about Wisdom teeth, and people were telling me all bad things, when I didn't experience anything what people were saying, or what people went through. It was such a small procedure. It was nothing. Take it from me, someone who suffers with Anxiety and I was FINE through it, and I don't remember anything! You will do good! I wish you the fastest recovery, and you'll do great! :)

Back