• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Free resource pack for supporting survivors and victims of abuse and trauma at the dentist

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Came across a very useful resource pack on the VictimFocus website: https://www.victimfocus.com/trauma-informed-medical-resources (scroll down a little).

There's an excellent "Your Wellbeing During Dental Appointments" form which anyone who has experienced trauma or abuse could use to let their dentist know how they feel beforehand (see attachment).

Attachments

• Wellbeing Dental FormFINAL.pdf
    112.8 KB · Views: 20
Not sure if it’s just me, but the attachment is not working. It just brings up jibberish like it is maybe a broken link? I am on my ipad so it could be a compatibility issue but not sure.

Strange, just tried again on my cell phone and it loads just fine so it must be a compatibility issue with the ipad.

It works for me, but you could try going to the link I mentioned above and then download the resource pack (it's a zip file). It contains 4 documents, and one of them is the "Your Wellbeing During Dental Appointments" form. Not sure if that would work on the iPad?

The form is brilliant. Also the poster / flyer for dental practices that is contained in the dental pack. How did you find this woman? I can't believe I haven't come across that earlier.

Back