• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Front Tooth Pain, sinus related?

T

TheatrePlode

Hi,

My right front first incisor suddenly started hurting when I touched it yesterday, but the pain had gone by the evening (and I had forgotten all about it), but this morning I woke up with the pain again.

There's no pain when I chew or if I touch it with my tongue, but if I touch it with my finger or push the tooth back it hurts quite a bit.

I put it down to sinus pain, as my right cheek and sinus feels stuffy and I have a mild headache in the front of my forehead and face, but my nose isn't blocked and it doesn't feel all that bad. The pain does get worse when I lie down though. I've also read stories of molars being sore with sinus problems, not front incisors.

I've taken pain killers with not much relief, currently trying to get my hands on some decongestants.

But I'm terrified that my front tooth is decaying, I went to the dentist a month ago and he took x-rays and didn't mention anything, so I presumed everything was okay (he hasn't got the best bed-side manner). But I'm terrified it's something more serious, and that I need to go to the dentist.

I'm hoping it'll stop soon, but I don't know if I should get a dentist to check too.

Sorry to hear you are having pain and discomfort.. Its hard when the dentist doesnt' have good bedside manners and isn't so approachable it just makes it harder to ask things.. I would go for a 2nd opinion, can't hurt? and maybe you could find someone with better bedside manner you can feel comfortable with.

sinus issues can cause tooth pain but if it does not go away you wanna see a dentist

Back