• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Front Tooth Sensitivity - Do I need anything done?

M

madsteph

Hi all,

I'm due to have a root canal done next week on one of the back teeth - had a few probs with it initially because a little bit of the temp stuff they put in come away leaving a hole which caused a bit of pain..all fine and dandy now and I can eat on it and everything.

That's not the problem though..went to take a cold glass of pop (yes I know very bad for your teeth) and one of my front teeth (well about 3rd one from the front) started hurting. I must of sort of sucked the pop through my teeth and it felt really sensitive. Well i drink normally any liquid tends to miss the front teeth and so I don't get pain. I know perhaps some of you will say don't drink like that then but I can't help wondering whether it's now a problem. I've woken up today and again it's a little sensitive after drinking cold stuff. Just wondered whether anyone thinks I'm likely to have to have anything done or whether some teeth are prone to sensitivity..it doesn't hurt to munch down with them, just when taking a drink (and I might add it doesn't hurt too bad if the drink isn't all that cold)

I don't want to have any more work done..especially not on the front teeth!

Steph

Hi Steph, it's most probably just sensitive teeth - there was a thread about it just yesterday:

Of course it is always possible that the sensitivity is caused by something else, but this would be the most common and likely explanation, especially if the pain isn't lingering. If you're seeing your dentist next week anyway, mention it then - they may also be able to offer you other desensitizing options as well (such as various gels or varnishes which might help).

Best of luck with your appointment :grouphug:

Back