• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting 4 out on wednesday under local, -tips, advice?

C

Corinainoz

Hi,

I am really glad I found this site, have found it to be really helpful. I am getting 4 wisdom teeth taken out on Wednesday, with happy gas and I am guessing local anesthetic as well. The surgeon just mentioned the happy gas!

Anyway, I was just hoping to hear anyone's tips, advice or just good thoughts! Lol! I live overseas from my family so just wanted a bit of extra support.

I will be going home to see family 9 days after. Do you guys think I will be better by then? Surgeon said a week should be enough time to heal.

Ayway thank you :)

Hello,
I don't have any tips for before the surgery but I have some for after the surgery...They will also give you a sheet of instructions to follow...Make sure you take the pain meds before the novacaine wears off! Ice packs work really well for swelling...Sleep the first two night semi reclined with your head up..(helps the bleeding) Have alot of soft food available..Pudding, malts, jello,, etc..Also rest the first day if you can..Drink alot of water too..I had my four wisdom teeth out on Feb 14th and I felt better by the 7th day..Some people go back to work right away..I'm older and it took longer for me to heal....Sorry to hear you live away from family..Do you have a good friend to lend some support? But it will be nice to go home and visit family....Best wishes on Wednesday:clover:

Hello,
I don't have any tips for before the surgery but I have some for after the surgery...They will also give you a sheet of instructions to follow...Make sure you take the pain meds before the novacaine wears off! Ice packs work really well for swelling...Sleep the first two night semi reclined with your head up..(helps the bleeding) Have alot of soft food available..Pudding, malts, jello,, etc..Also rest the first day if you can..Drink alot of water too..I had my four wisdom teeth out on Feb 14th and I felt better by the 7th day..Some people go back to work right away..I'm older and it took longer for me to heal....Sorry to hear you live away from family..Do you have a good friend to lend some support? But it will be nice to go home and visit family....Best wishes on Wednesday:clover:

Thank you very much! My husband will be coming with me so that is lucky! And yes it will be lovely to see my family soon! it's just times like this when you wish you had your mum around, even though I'm 30 lol!

I don't have to back to work till Monday so I'm hoping that I will get a chance to recuperate.

Thank you so much for your good wishes! I really appreciate it :):):):)

It is nice to have family..My mom goes with me to my appointments...I'm 51 and still need my mom:)

I hope it went well for you :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Hello,

Now you're hopefully post-op, my only advice is:

Listen to your dentist's advice. He/She knows your current condition better than us!

I had 4 extractions a couple of weeks ago...pretty prominent ones: the top front four.

I was scared about getting a dry socket, he wasn't. In fact, he halted the treatment immediately post-stitching so I could have a cigarette. Top man!

My weaknesses aside, this simple act of empowerment gave me a massive sense of self-control..."I'm in charge"...and therefore I was much more relaxed for the final stage of that day's treatment -- making/fitting the temporary bridge.

I didn't get a dry socket either, which only reinforced my faith in him.

My dentist is bloody awesome. Big props Dr M.

Steve

I hope it went well for you :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Thank you! It went ok! I listened to music with headphones and that helped a lot.

Have just been resting a lot and eating ice cream! The ice packs seem to help too.

Thank you :jump:

Hello,

Now you're hopefully post-op, my only advice is:

Listen to your dentist's advice. He/She knows your current condition better than us!

I had 4 extractions a couple of weeks ago...pretty prominent ones: the top front four.

I was scared about getting a dry socket, he wasn't. In fact, he halted the treatment immediately post-stitching so I could have a cigarette. Top man!

My weaknesses aside, this simple act of empowerment gave me a massive sense of self-control..."I'm in charge"...and therefore I was much more relaxed for the final stage of that day's treatment -- making/fitting the temporary bridge.

I didn't get a dry socket either, which only reinforced my faith in him.

My dentist is bloody awesome. Big props Dr M.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yeah I've been a bit worried about getting dry socket because people say you have to be very careful not to get it. Seems to be healing ok I think...glad you have a good dentist!

How well did you do :jump::jump::jump::dance2::dance2::dance2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::yay::yay::yay::wow:

You come on here all casual like it was nothing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GOOD FOR YOU, HAPPY HEALING :jump::jump::jump:

I am so glad it went well for you, WhooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooo:respect::respect::respect:

How well did you do :jump::jump::jump::dance2::dance2::dance2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::yay::yay::yay::wow:

You come on here all casual like it was nothing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GOOD FOR YOU, HAPPY HEALING :jump::jump::jump:

I am so glad it went well for you, WhooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooo:respect::respect::respect:

Thank you so much for your help!!:):):):)

Back