• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting tooth removed tm via oral surgeon IV seadtion tooth pain is really bad tho

K

Khmills2014

Getting tooth removed tm via oral surgeon IV seadtion tooth pain is really bad tho

My #30 tooth is finally being removed tom but it's killing me all the way up to my ear it feels like there's pressure in my ear does this mean the infection has spread??? Am I going to die I'm so scared but it's there any way to relieve the pain Motrin isn't touching the pain I took one and it didn't help so I took another 3 hours before it was due my sinus are also stopped up I'm scared it's spreading to my Brian or down my throat could I tell if it was spreading please help?????

Re: Getting tooth removed tm via oral surgeon IV seadtion tooth pain is really bad tho

Hi KH -

First, take a deep breath and let it out slowly....you're going to be fine (repeat that to yourself out loud!)...you really are. The infection has not spread to your brain - if there was risk of that happening, your Oral Surgeon would have taken you in for emergency surgery immediately as opposed to scheduling you.

You're going to feel so much better when this angry tooth is out and your gums and other surrounding bone & tissues can finally heal.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I know how frustrating it is. Are you taking antibiotics currently?? If not and you're in terrible pain, please go to an urgent care facility - they can at least give you ABX and pain medications to help you get through the night. How much Motrin did you take at the same time? Just one dose of 200 mg? 200 mg of Ibuprofen likely won't kill the pain of an infected tooth - I take 600-800 mg Ibuprofen for dental pain.

Back