• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Glue drill feeling

J

johnyyboii

I hate the feeling of the drill the orthodontist uses to remove glue, how do I distract myself and calm down? It's quite hard because it makes me feel dizzy

Hi johnyyboii, diziness sounds like a tough one. is this special to the drill your orthodontist uses, or do you have it during other procedures as well (if you ever had a filling or something else that involved drillin)?

Hi johnyyboii, diziness sounds like a tough one. is this special to the drill your orthodontist uses, or do you have it during other procedures as well (if you ever had a filling or something else that involved drillin)?
No the only time I've had the drill used was when my orthodontist didn't put the bracket on quick enough and the glue dried out, it's the same feeling as when you get en electric toothbrush and put the plastic bit on your teeth, it just rattles my head I guess

Would it be an idea to share this with your orthodontist? Maybe they can do something differently so that you don't get dizzy?

Back