• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Going to the Dentist in 4 hours!

M

MelZara

Hello all, I'll be going to the dentist in 4 hours! & I'm freaking out! I'm going to get two of my upper teeth extracted which are badly decayed. (Never had a tooth pulled before in my life) I'll be awake through the whole procedure, Just with using Novocaine. I'm really scared, I've been putting this off for years, Been in & out of the hospital cause of infection.. I'm scared that I'm going to feel it while I'm there or that I won't be able to get numb. :(

Melzara,

I sure hope it goes smooth and well for you!! I"ve had many (unfortunately) pulled and most have not been painful. I would tell them of your fear and make sure they give you enough novacaine and are sensitive to your needs!! please let us know how it goes!!

I'll def report back once I'm back at home. People are telling me its just the thought of it that's bad. I have 3 more hours.. Hoping this all goes quickly.

Melzara,

I sure hope it goes smooth and well for you!! I"ve had many (unfortunately) pulled and most have not been painful. I would tell them of your fear and make sure they give you enough novacaine and are sensitive to your needs!! please let us know how it goes!!

So I ended up going & waiting in the waiting room for over 1 hour got me really anxious before I even got back there. anyway long story short, I'm being sent to a oral surgeon (Which I'm still pretty scared) Thinking I won't wake up.. They are going to pull all the bad ones at once so after this one time I won't have to worry no more. Appointment is just a week away! I'm hoping I can actually go through with this. I'm glad my dentist referred me to him, Even called and got my appointment set up while I was there. It's something that needs to be done, I just wish my fear would let me.

Ahh Melzara.. well you did it going to that one, that was huge , glad you are going next week.. One more week. Countdown.. Sounds like your mentality about the whole thing is awesome and brave.. I know the waiting is hard.. I've been sedated quite a few times for other procedures than teeth like endoscopys.. i'm scared everytime, but then you wake up and don't even remember and its over .. Hoping this all goes so smooth for you!

So I ended up going & waiting in the waiting room for over 1 hour got me really anxious before I even got back there. anyway long story short, I'm being sent to a oral surgeon (Which I'm still pretty scared) Thinking I won't wake up.. They are going to pull all the bad ones at once so after this one time I won't have to worry no more. Appointment is just a week away! I'm hoping I can actually go through with this. I'm glad my dentist referred me to him, Even called and got my appointment set up while I was there. It's something that needs to be done, I just wish my fear would let me.

Thank you! I'm hoping the same. I called & asked what type of sedation. & They told me it would be IV Sedation. So hopefully it's nothing major. I never had this done before so I'm not so sure on what to expect. At least all the bad teeth will be out in one visit instead of going & being anxious & nervous every time!

Back