L
Lsp
Junior member
- Joined
- May 18, 2024
- Messages
- 1
- Location
- East sussex
Hi, I have avoided the dentist since having a tooth chipped by my orthodontist when I was a teenager. I plucked up the courage and my dentist is so lovely! I have had a really good set of treatments, my teeth are doing fine
and my gums are getting better! But after a hygienist appointment I got a gum infection at Christmas, they cleaned it out and sent me on my way saying something was stuck in there from the hygienist appointment. I then had a follow up clean last month, this led to another gum pocket infection, they done X-rays and even though a have some bone loss the tooth is fine but I have a large pocket that is infected, which they said can happen after a clean. I was out on stronger antibiotics for a week and sent on my way.
My issues - I finished the antibiotics Thursday morning, gum is showing signs of improvement and isn’t hurting anymore but is still swollen compared to the rest and o have worked up this morning with a white spot on it. I am so worried about having to have intense treatment! Is this normal or do I need to hype myself up to go back?! It is making me wish I never started being brave in the first place tbh!
I am brushing twice a day, tepe flossing and salt water rinsing. I have just finished the antibiotics and the antibacterial gel.
My issues - I finished the antibiotics Thursday morning, gum is showing signs of improvement and isn’t hurting anymore but is still swollen compared to the rest and o have worked up this morning with a white spot on it. I am so worried about having to have intense treatment! Is this normal or do I need to hype myself up to go back?! It is making me wish I never started being brave in the first place tbh!
I am brushing twice a day, tepe flossing and salt water rinsing. I have just finished the antibiotics and the antibacterial gel.