• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gums swollen, puffy, now new bubble formed?

S

Sweetie

I went to the dentist two weeks ago to have a filling done. It only took half an hour for a few to be done, so it wasn't a problem. There was sensitivity in the filling for a few days after but it seems to have gone away, it's been two weeks and I haven't had issue. It still does not hurt and no pressure.

Now, my bottom lip (inside) is semi-swollen and has been for a few days. Its got random bumps, like I bit it or something. I did get a new mouth guard, and I assumed that was my problem (i keep sucking on it) so I have avoided it for a day, but I dont see it going down much, and now I have a blister in-between my teeth I had a filling done. (front bottom tooth, its between the teeth though) What is causing this?

:cry: I really don't want to go back to the dentist just yet, as I've been four times in the past month and can't afford much, especially after a $400 guard, Any advice is appreciated. No pain, just irritating on my lip mostly. The blister doesnt seem to hurt either as I didnt notice it until I brushed.

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem.

I'm not entirely sure what's causing it, but I remember reading about this somewhere. If you haven't already I'd get in to see the dentist again right away. I'm concerned there may be an infection.

I had something similar happen before. One time I went to the dentist for a cleaning and they found a deep cavity. They filled the cavity and I was still in pain past the normal healing time. The tooth eventually needed a root canal.

I hope that isn't the same for you, but I'd go see your dentist right away, just in case.

Good luck.

JJ

Maybe the guard or something else irritated the injection site. Injection sites can be sore for a while, but two weeks is a long time. You could also just be reacting to the work you've had done as it takes a while for the mouth to settle. Or you could be having a mild allergic reaction to the material in the mouth guard. Sounds like the guard doesn't fit too well and is irritating the mouth.

hey guys, ive now found a bump under my tongue, its weird as this is towards the back and not near the front where the rest is

the swelling goes away for the most part and just feels weird, as if i have bit my cheek and im still biting it
not sure whats happening, but I dont want to have to pay for another treatment. (I seem to have more problems with this dentist's procedures than anything ive had fixed.) i had a rct done in december and have had sinus aches (front tooth) ever since. never pain before, and now hes just given my the guard and filled this tooth and while i have no pain, i dont know what to do.

the guard fits strange over my face, but i have a really bad overbite so i expected this
it covers only the top portion, everything irritated on the bottom, though the part of my lip thats swollen is probably from the guard, as i was sucking on it my first night -- not intentionally. o_O

i wish i knew what this was.
i dont smoke, and i brush my teeth twice daily, use ACT
i also wash the mouth guard, though i havent used it in two days to fear its causing it.

my fiance thinks it may be ulcers/rash caused by soaking my mouth guard in a salt rinse

Back