• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Half tooth missing . To scared to go

B

Biggy119

Hi all I'm sure this may have come up a few times I'm sorry if this has .

I'v got one of my back teeth that's cracked in half its been like it for a year i'v not eat on that side of my mouth to avoid more pain ect .
Recently another part of it has cracked and now it's really giving me some gip

I'm so scared to go to the dentist I haven't been since I was 16 and now I'm 29
One half of the tooth is down to the gum.

Not sure what to do I'll put up with the pain for so long but when it gets bad I feel crap

Hey !,

If your here than the good thing is that at least on some level you are motivated to sort the problem out, I think firstly it can help to just take it in stages , all you need to do first of all is make an appointment , try not to think of the whole process for now, Just taking the first step.

the pain wont get better , you may become better at ignoring it but that will only lead to other problems.

Hey !,

If your here than the good thing is that at least on some level you are motivated to sort the problem out, I think firstly it can help to just take it in stages , all you need to do first of all is make an appointment , try not to think of the whole process for now, Just taking the first step.

the pain wont get better , you may become better at ignoring it but that will only lead to other problems.

Yes I'm going to see if there is a decent dentist around near my workplace and see what they say

Hi all I'm sure this may have come up a few times I'm sorry if this has .

I'v got one of my back teeth that's cracked in half its been like it for a year i'v not eat on that side of my mouth to avoid more pain ect .
Recently another part of it has cracked and now it's really giving me some gip

I'm so scared to go to the dentist I haven't been since I was 16 and now I'm 29
One half of the tooth is down to the gum.

Not sure what to do I'll put up with the pain for so long but when it gets bad I feel crap

Back in May my front left tooth finally broke in half. It (and others) eroded pretty badly probably due to smoking a Pack a day, drinking a 2L coke a day... and not brushing. That was when I decided to go to the dentist, today I had 5 of my left top side extracted, last month my right side was done as well as the remaining wisdoms on the bottom right.

I am 27 yrs old getting a full top denture and a partial for my bottom (basically all but 4 teeth will be natural when this is over). What I am saying to you is if only even one is bothering you, go and get it checked out as soon as you can.

Last edited:
Back in May my front left tooth finally broke in half. It (and others) eroded pretty badly probably due to smoking a Pack a day, drinking a 2L coke a day... and not brushing. That was when I decided to go to the dentist, today I had 5 of my left top side extracted, last month my right side was done as well as the remaining wisdoms on the bottom right.

I am 27 yrs old getting a full top denture and a partial for my bottom (basically all but 4 teeth will be natural when this is over). What I am saying to you is if only even one is bothering you, go and get it checked out as soon as you can.

I'v been i'v got to have it out next Wednesday but I'm going to be open and say I'm bricking it I'm realy nervous about having it done .
I can't help but think I'll panic when I'm sat the and the fact it going to hurt

Back