• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

having dental injection in 2days.. petrified! do they hurt

Re: after six years of worry... DONE IT! advice for phobics

Awesome, Anna! Way to go!:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

I am glad to hear it went well! Good for you!!! :jump::jump::jump:

Congratulations Anna! :welldone: Sounds like you did really well! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

You may have noticed I've merged your last few threads together - that's just to help anyone reading to follow your story all the way from your fear, to your success! Hopefully, as you say, it can be a help to others with a similar fear.

Well done again - you did great! :cheer:

i have been very petrified of the dentist for all my life i was suppost to get trddatment years ago. bt refused as was to scared. i was in so much pain i thought enough was enough r got to get it sorted out. i made an appointment and i found owt i need 7+ extractions and 3 fillings i was mortified so scared i havent eaten or slept properly for awhile. today was the day of my filings and i was sbared never had any dental work done before and i knew i had to have needles for this. i went it kept my self calm just sat in the chair and let him get on i couldnt believe how calm i was as when i had my check up i had a panic attack and was. nearly passing out. i know it sounds mega scary bt the best way to do it is by just doing it. the thing i was phobic about mas needles and i didnt feel hardlz nothing and that was without numbiing gel i was so proud of myself. i had tge. worst images in my head bt it was no where near as bad i was a piece of cake and would do it again rite no. hope ths help sum1
:welldone:, you go girl......no numbing gel!! Wow, I'm impressed!! :respect:

CONGRATULATIONS :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::cheer::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::yay::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::butterfly:

Guess he isn't as nasty as you thought :giggle: Well done you and your dentist :cheers:

hi all,
thanks for all your comments and i hoped it helped some of you.
An answer to someones question yes i have more treatment im having 8 teeth extracted at the hospital im on waiting list now. im a bit weary of that as never gone under before, has any1 here had it done.
for everyone out there who is mega mega scared just like me i know its easier said than done but just go and get it ova with, it realy wont be as bad as you think. i had a mega nasty dentist but i just lied bck closed my eyes and got through it and would do it again right now if i had too.
just a quick question i had 3 filings 2 at the bck on the left and 1 at the back on the right is it normal to stil be in pain. my teeth dont hurt atal its around the cheekbones and i cant open my mouth wide it aches alot. never had filings before so i dnt no whats ment to hapen.
thanks x x x

Because you have your mouth open for a while when having work done, it is normal to be a bit achey after for a few days. It will wear off. :butterfly:

If for some reason it does persist, contact your dentist. I think you are going to be fine though. I hate the days after when you are a bit achey, sometimes if it bothers you too much take a pain killer. It is just usually the muscles around the jaw.

ok thanks it was only been 2 days geting better now though x

Re: petrified of injections getting first ever tomorrow do they hurt

i am getting my first ever dental injection tomorrow and in so scared i need filling i no i have to get it done bujdt im really nervous and been sick and not slept for nights ova this. to top it all i have a realy nasty dentist he dont care im scared atal please help me sum1 how much do they hurt, you can be honest.

I am a 14 year old boy who just had a filling done a few hours ago today, the injection, I never even knew they were doing it, If you are one of the lucky ones, you will be given laughing gas (Nitrous Oxide), which makes you feel floaty and calm, they say they are simply cleaning the area before the treatment and then the put the needle in and you feel nothing! Do not fear a dentist, remember their job is to make you feel better and not to harm you!

Back