• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help after full mouth extraction, getting used to my mouth being took over by teeth and eating???

Y

Yevvo80

Hi I had a full mouth extraction 2months ago, I got my new teeth a week ago and I'm struggling, I have no problem with the top staying put but the bottom I carnt work it out at first with fixodent extra there fine, but not for long the more I move my mouth they loosen and can dislodge, also I carnt eat yet nit even soup or very slowly, any help appreciated thankyou x

Hi @Yevvo80, I can't help with with personal experiences, but we have a page about dentures which was written by one of our forum moderators who has personal experience of full dentures. There might be some useful tips in there as well as links to further information:

I have used Fixodent Extra, it is crap. Stick with the regular stuff, it's just as good and cheaper. From your description I suspect your bottom denture doesn't fit as well as it could, because if it did then Fixodent would keep it in all day for you. Get the fit checked. My previous bottom denture often came loose after lunch but before dinner - my new one doesn't.

Back