• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help..bleeding and pain

  • Thread starter Thread starter ladywear
  • Start date Start date
L

ladywear

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
57
Today I have just a few of my teeth deep cleaned (peridontal disease)....my dentist said she cleaned right up to the roots (root planing ? think she said). One of my teeth is now bleeding and there is pain in the tooth....i also feel a little shivery ? the dentist said she saw signs of inflammation at the time which she said was to be expected with peridontal disease but didnt see any signs of infection. Will my tooth settle down stop hurting and stop bleeding ? thank you
 
Today I have just a few of my teeth deep cleaned (peridontal disease)....my dentist said she cleaned right up to the roots (root planing ? think she said). One of my teeth is now bleeding and there is pain in the tooth....i also feel a little shivery ? the dentist said she saw signs of inflammation at the time which she said was to be expected with peridontal disease but didnt see any signs of infection. Will my tooth settle down stop hurting and stop bleeding ? thank you

Sounds pretty normal. When I got scaling/root planing done, I'd say my gums would intermittently hurt and bleed off and on for about a week.
 
Sounds pretty normal. When I got scaling/root planing done, I'd say my gums would intermittently hurt and bleed off and on for about a week.


Oh thanks for the reassurance....its not actually my gum that hurts its my tooth so hope that is still normal under the circumstances (since dentist said she cleaned right up to the root)
 
Back
Top