• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help. Don't know where to turn

C

Calanne

Iv posted previously on here re having a tooth prepped for a crown. 2 weeks later...Monday i had the permament put on. Since my teeth been messed with again I'm in terrible pain. Was given antibiotics and said it impacted wisdom tooth infection. Today has been the worst. Sweating excessively and pain in my jaw along with chronic dry mouth and a horrible taste in my mouth. Rang dental hospital to speak to the oral medicine consultant they came back said they will see me next Wednesday. I don't feel i can go another day let alone a week. I just cry and not eaten for 2 days as no appetite. Has anyone experienced this and had answers. Don't know whether it my wisdom tooth nerve damage or something else medical

Any chance you can share more details like the tooth number and its proximity to your infected wisdom tooth? Possibly a photo. Also, try to describe where the pain is. It may help others provide better feedback. Hang in there! Try to find ways to keep the pain at bay in the meantime.

Hi the crowned tooth is bottom first molar. I still have 2nd molar and then the wisdom tooth. The pain is at back of my jaw. Today if i put tongue to back by wisdom tooth then i can taste the horrible stuff. I am on 500mg x 2 clarithromycin. I'm beginning to think these aren't working and the way I'm feeling is these tablets. I'm shaking fatigue and no appetite

Can you open your mouth normally or does it feel stiff and sort of locked? That's usually the clearest sign of wisdom tooth infection. Does the pain respond to hot or cold?
Have you taken any pain relief? Has that made a difference?
Really if it's that bad you need to speak to your dentist again, not a lot can be done via the internet :(

Can you open your mouth normally or does it feel stiff and sort of locked? That's usually the clearest sign of wisdom tooth infection. Does the pain respond to hot or cold?
Have you taken any pain relief? Has that made a difference?
Really if it's that bad you need to speak to your dentist again, not a lot can be done via the internet :(
No it doesn't hurt to open mouth. Just a real bitter taste from the tooth. It's partially impacted so no reaction to hot or cold. That side of my face feels swollen but doesn't look it. I have rang emergency this morning at half 8 and got appointment at 8.40pm this evening. I just feel so ill with it
Thank you for replying

Try the good old hot salty mouth wash remedy in the meantime, might help a bit. 1 teaspoon of salt to 1 small cup of water, as hot as you can stand without burning your mouth, rinse for a minute if you can manage that (time it!) then spit it out.

Back