• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help. Serious toothache in/near RCT tooth

R

rosielx

I have an emergency dentist appointment with my own dentist tomorrow but am very anxious :(.

Four months ago had an RCT in a lower molar due to a large infection. The teeth either side of it also have earlier fillings in place.

Two weeks ago a tooth, feels like the RCT tooth, became heat sensitive. Xrays done. Showed one of the canals was not completely filled but no sign of infection. Xrays included the teeth around it and the wisdom tooth.

Today I have a tooth ache which is only relieved by cold water every few minutes. On paracetamol. NSAIDS and Ibuprufen not allowed. Have tried salt water, garlic, tea bags, mouth wash, sensodyne....

The tooth is slightly wobbly, throbbing tooth ache from between the two teeth, gum is sore when pushed, tooth sore when wiggled gently. I phoned my dentist this morning and she thinks it might be TMJ but the pain is incredibly similar to the pre RCT tooth ache. I'm worried that they will leave me in pain and just use TMJ pain as an excuse. I can't sleep with the pain and have two children to look after.

I'm not a dentist, but have been having VERY similar symptoms with my tooth. I found out yesterday that it's abscessed and needs a root canal. Sounds like you may need to have yours re-done... unless it's a tooth next to it! Let me know what you find out. :)

I have an emergency dentist appointment with my own dentist tomorrow but am very anxious :(.

Four months ago had an RCT in a lower molar due to a large infection. The teeth either side of it also have earlier fillings in place.

Two weeks ago a tooth, feels like the RCT tooth, became heat sensitive. Xrays done. Showed one of the canals was not completely filled but no sign of infection. Xrays included the teeth around it and the wisdom tooth.

Today I have a tooth ache which is only relieved by cold water every few minutes. On paracetamol. NSAIDS and Ibuprufen not allowed. Have tried salt water, garlic, tea bags, mouth wash, sensodyne....

The tooth is slightly wobbly, throbbing tooth ache from between the two teeth, gum is sore when pushed, tooth sore when wiggled gently. I phoned my dentist this morning and she thinks it might be TMJ but the pain is incredibly similar to the pre RCT tooth ache. I'm worried that they will leave me in pain and just use TMJ pain as an excuse. I can't sleep with the pain and have two children to look after.

I would think it would be the tooth with the rct, which is the culprit. Sensitivity to the hot means that some nerve tissue might still be present and if the canals haven't been completely filled then there might still be nerve tissue there. Is this tooth tender when you tap on it??

Back