• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Horrible taste from tooth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Betty77
  • Start date Start date
B

Betty77

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 28, 2010
Messages
157
Hi, I've posted in the support area here but I'm really frightened.

For the last week one of my teeth has been giving off a foul taste. I was told over a year ago it needed filling but due to my phobia and the fact it wasn't hurting I never had it done.

I occasionally got a funny taste from it but for the last week its gotten worse tasting and has been constant.

I am terrified this tooth needs extracting. I am not having pain but the gum around it is sore.

I have had to register at another dentist and they cannot see me until Tuesday. Should I leave it any longer? They cannot see me beforehand as I need a consultation first.
Any advice would be appreciated.
 
It'll be fine to wait till Thursday, well done on doing something about it.
 
Thank-you for your reply Gordon. Since last weekend the taste has been constant, its really annoying but also worrying me as I've left it so long after being told it needed a filling.
 
Back
Top