• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Horrified of needles baby teeth pulling help

A

AlexDarkrai

Hi Guys/Gals I'm 12 and I'm scared to death of needles and I was wondering how to pull my own tooth out

Hi,
Don't pull your own tooth out. It might cause damage.
I suggest you go to the dentist and first ask for an X-ray to make sure the baby tooth is going to be replaced with a permanenet one. If that is the case, you can ask the dentist to shorten the baby tooth so that it does not feel any pressure while closing the mouth or chewing. Shortening the tooth is not painful and does not require any injection.

Hi Guys/Gals I'm 12 and I'm scared to death of needles and I was wondering how to pull my own tooth out

Dr. Daniel may be right in that you might not need an injection; but even if you do, there's no need to fear needles. Dentists can give them in a painless manner. They first put numbing gel onto your gums so that you don't feel the needle, but even if you do, it's only a slight pinch, no big deal. Most importantly, they'll inject slowly for your maximum comfort. I used to be afraid in the past, but I discussed it with my dentist and his assistant, and they put me at ease. Try not to worry about it if you have to have it done; you'll be fine :). God bless.

Back