• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long should I wait?

M

megan

I had a couple composite fillings done today (tooth colored) on my top and bottom left side of my mouth. I'm experiencing a dull pain in what feels to be the top and the bottom fillings. I've heard that these type may cause discomfort for several weeks, however last month I had one done on the right side of my mouth and there was no pain involved. The dentist did mention that one of my cavities were deep, but said he would be surprised if it needed a root canal. Is it possible that tooth is having issues with the filling due to the deepness of the cavity?

My questions are, I've never had this sort of pain from fillings..how long should I wait before I go back to get it fixed, and what's the process for fixing it?

A couple of days would be reasonable. Fixing it would rather depend on what's wrong with it (of course!) and I can't really tell from here. :)

Back