• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How often do you think about your root canal and/or crown?

How often do you think about your root canal and/or crown?

  • Weekly

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only at Dentist visits

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    9
N

newhere00

Junior member
Joined
Dec 7, 2025
Messages
7
Location
USA
For people who've had a root canal and/or a crown procedure, how often do you think about it? Obviously for a bit after I'm sure it's top of mind, but how often later down the road is it something you even think about? Thanks!
 
I put almost never because if they are done well, it's just like a natural tooth and I don't think of them at all. I have had new crowns that needed adjusting that I thought of Alot until they fixed them.. but once they get it right, hopefully you shouldn't have to think of it :)
 
I'm probably a bit late to the party here, but I don't think about mine much as, having had four, only one is still surviving (A small incisor, next to my main front teeth). The other three (all molars) had to come out. I think this may be due to the fact that my dentist had a different method of performing them. He would not put a crown on any of them, leading to them breaking down and needing to be removed shortly afterwards! One of them broke in two and half of it fell out on it's own. I now need another one, but my (new) dentist has told me that it has already been root-canalled, which is wrong. It has only been filled, but is now causing me agonising pain, which cannot be true if it was already RC'd!
 
Back
Top