• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How To DIY Guide to Dental Emergencies and Coronavirus / COVID-19

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of people are currently wondering what to do when they have a dental emergency, with Coronavirus / COVID-19 in full swing and dental practices not operating as normal in most parts of the world. Luckily, @drhirst (aka Lincoln) has come to the rescue with this handy DIY dentistry video! Please note that the video contains dental models and explicit dental imagery. This lockdown low-down shows how to manage:

• broken teeth
  • fillings that have come out
  • loose crowns.

Despite all the social media hype around the alleged use of swear words, Lincoln has shown amazing self-restraint during the making of this video, so it should be safe to watch with all the family (please check first though - no guarantees). Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing @letsconnect and Thank you @drhirst , this is awesome, speaking from someone who's lost plenty of crowns randomly and getting those Crunches .. I do have one question in your opinion, would you ever try Elmers glue? my previous dentist told me elmers glue was a hack for this, never did try it

Love this video! Very informative and funny!

@drhirst , this is awesome, speaking from someone who's lost plenty of crowns randomly and getting those Crunches .. I do have one question in your opinion, would you ever try Elmers glue? my previous dentist told me elmers glue was a hack for this, never did try it

Elmer's glue (if Google is correct) is a PVA glue, hence it's pretty water soluble and I don't think it would last very long.

These were my thoughts like I couldn't see it lasting any longer than 5-10 min eeks. maybe long enough to get to the dentist if I bit on a block the whole way :) ( 30 minutes on the freeway)

Back