• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How to insert and remove front two top teeth flipper with wires that hook on back teeth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Malibu
  • Start date Start date
M

Malibu

Junior member
Joined
Jan 31, 2026
Messages
1
Location
97008
I had two top front teeth extract one week ago. I have a flipper that my dentist has advised I could start wearing. Today is my first day of inserting it. Am worried. And not sure how it will be to remove it. Any advice?
 
1) Stand in front of a mirror so you can see what you're doing.
2) Stick a finger nail under the metal clips, work them gently up over the "bulge" of the teeth.
3) Ease the denture out, you'll find there will be a bit of wiggling involved at first.

And finally...

4) Go and give your dentist a slap from me for not showing you how to remove it before you left the surgery.
 
I LOVE that Gordon, the Go give your dentist a slap for me for not showing you how.

Malibou, How are you doing with it today?
 
Back
Top