G
glorybird
Junior member
- Joined
- Jun 10, 2021
- Messages
- 1
- Location
- Idaho
Hi all! I just discovered this forum today and thought I would give it a shot. Long post ahead, full of anxious ramble.
My name is Bella and I am 20 years old. I have never been to a dentist. Ever. My dad simply couldn't afford a lot of things for us growing up and that was just one of the things that got put on a back burner. Thankfully I have never had any serious issues like abscesses etc (he would have taken me if it were an emergency, he's not a monster.)
However, I know my teeth are more than a little messed up. My two front teeth are crowded together, my bottom fronts are not straight, and I have a 'shark tooth' as I like to call it. (On the top right side of my mouth, I had a tooth grow in over another and push it out, and the newer tooth is still in my gumline. It is not painful.) I think I also have issues with my wisdom teeth, as they have been occasionally aching since I was 16, but have never fully pushed out.
So, what should I expect? My husband went ahead and made me an appointment for Tuesday at the dentist he usually sees, and explained the situation. I'm EXTREMELY anxious about it and have no idea what to think. Any advice at all would help greatly! Thank you
My name is Bella and I am 20 years old. I have never been to a dentist. Ever. My dad simply couldn't afford a lot of things for us growing up and that was just one of the things that got put on a back burner. Thankfully I have never had any serious issues like abscesses etc (he would have taken me if it were an emergency, he's not a monster.)
However, I know my teeth are more than a little messed up. My two front teeth are crowded together, my bottom fronts are not straight, and I have a 'shark tooth' as I like to call it. (On the top right side of my mouth, I had a tooth grow in over another and push it out, and the newer tooth is still in my gumline. It is not painful.) I think I also have issues with my wisdom teeth, as they have been occasionally aching since I was 16, but have never fully pushed out.
So, what should I expect? My husband went ahead and made me an appointment for Tuesday at the dentist he usually sees, and explained the situation. I'm EXTREMELY anxious about it and have no idea what to think. Any advice at all would help greatly! Thank you
,
secondly, well done on getting the appointment. Not everyone has access to dental care in their childhood for different reasons, but the only thing that counts is that you are moving forward now. It sounds like you are not having any accute issues, but do not feel happy with your teeth. I‘m sure your dentist will be able to discuss options with your.